Wednesday 27 February 2013

This week: Twitter


As the title of this post suggests, Mummy Zen has joined Twitter! Most other blogging mums have been on there since the beginning of their blogs so why has it taken me nearly four years to sign up?

Well, I have to say that I never really saw the point of Twitter, nor understood the interest and the appeal. Then my husband, who is completely anti all types of social media, joined Twitter. He became fixated on it, and spends many a spare hour scrolling through tweets, reading articles people have shared, occasionally laughing out loud and I began looking inquistively over his shoulder to see what all the fuss was about.

I began to understand. It's a bit like networking. Similarly minded people follow each other and share relevant, interesting, fun stuff. A couple of fellow bloggers had suggested to me previously that Twitter might be a good idea for me and now I could see why.

Since setting up my account yesterday, I'm really rather enjoying it. There's simply not enough time in the day to read all the things on there that grab my attention. We will see if the novelty wears off but for now, I'm exploring and liking the world of Twitter.

If you're on Twitter, I'd love it if you would follow me - @MummyZen. Also if you have any recommendations of people I should consider following or indeed any Twitter related tips to impart, please do let me know.
---
photo credit

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying it, but yes, it's impossible to keep up with everything - especially once you start following lots of people. But I hope you continue to enjoy - it will be nice to see you there - and kind of strange. Mummy Zen out of her comfortable little corner of the Intenet! :)

    On Friday you'll see hashtag #FF or #FollowFriday where people suggest people to follow, which can be useful.

    Took ages for me to actually get into Twitter, but now I have I much prefer it to Facebook. For me though it's everything in moderation!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the Friday #FF tip and yes, I'm in complete agreement about everything in moderation!! xx

      Delete
  2. I just followed you. For me Twitter works because I'm part of a word game community. We play @loqwacious and explore new vocabulary every day.
    May you have fun and meet interesting people!
    Maryse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me Maryse :-). Really interesting to hear about your word game community and that seems like a great use for Twitter and fun too!

      Delete

Thank you for reading. I'd love to have your comments and thoughts!