Friday 11 June 2010

Getting out the right side of bed

I enjoyed reading a post over at The Simple Dollar recently, called Nine Things I Do to Make Each Day Great. I thought I'd do my own similar version. Mine is more about getting the day off to a good start, which doesn't guarantee a great day but at least means I start off as I mean to go on.

Here are 5 things that are important to me for beginning my day:

Shower before my husband leaves for work. Gone are the days when I could shower during my son's morning nap so I jump in the shower after my husband and whilst my son is still sleeping. It wakes me up more than anything!

Breakfast. I'm one of these people who believes breakfast is an important meal of the day and I get grumpy if I don't eat something by a certain point in the morning. I either eat just with my son or all three of us eat together if my husband hasn't had to leave for work already.

Exercise. Generally 3 mornings a week, I go out to exercise and it makes me feel great and invigorated for the rest of the day. Two of those mornings, I go to BuggyFit (yes really, I still do that!). The third morning is usually a Saturday and we go as a family to the park. My husband and I take it turns to go for a run whilst the other one plays with our son.

Go for a walk. Especially if I'm not exercising, I still like to get out for a walk and enjoy some fresh air. I love to go out early while it's still quiet and before lots of other people are out and about. My son enjoys it too!

Quick tidy-up. I always do a tidy-up before bed but usually in the morning there are few extra bits to do. Things like breakfast pots to wash or put in the dishwasher, maybe some washing that's dried overnight and needs folding and putting away or a new load needs to go on. I like to get these little jobs done out of the way and before going out anywhere.

What are the kinds of things you like to do as part of your morning routine for a good start to your day?

---

Photo credit

---

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I too enjoy a morning workout- usually very early before the kids are up. It is great to have some time to wake up and be ready for the day! I always make my bed and the kids beds first thing. It helps make the whole house look cleaner and more put together.

    Another thing I love about mornings is a cup of coffee- I look forward to it everyday.

    Thanks for this fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Tiffany. I agree with you about enjoying a morning cup of coffee. In my case, it might be a cup of tea :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I'd love to have your comments and thoughts!