After a short blogging break during a fun family holiday, I decided to let my four-year old come up with most of the content for this post, one for Father's Day this coming weekend.
We always make a card for Father's Day and last year I remember asking my son for a couple of things that he loves about his daddy that we could write down in the card. I've done the same again this year and decided to share them with you.
6 things my 4-year old loves about his daddy:
- playing rough (mostly entails being thrown onto the sofa!) and making paper aeroplanes
- getting to watch Fireman Sam (this is a weekly Sunday afternoon event)
- encouraging him to take a bite of his dinner when he thinks he doesn't like it and refuses to eat any (then he usually really likes it and eats it all up. I was very surprised to hear this one!)
- giving him something extra to eat when he has finished dinner and pudding and is still hungry
- not working and just playing with him (weekends)
- staying at home for a bit after breakfast, before going to work, to play for a couple of minutes and have hugs and kisses
I then asked him for a couple of ideas of what his younger sister might say (age 1) and he came up with the following, which share the same themes of play and food!
- he plays with her
- he makes her happy when she's crying
- he makes breakfast most mornings for her